Since March, we have been facing a rare situation. In the current context where the borders with some countries are closed, we are not yet thinking about our future Erasmus+ mobility projects.
However, it is important to take stock of the past year, but also to anticipate the future because this situation will not last. That’s why Mobi Trainee would like to share with you the Erasmus+ agency’s positive assessment of 2019 as well as the action plan and vision for the next program for 2021-2027.
Assessment of the student mobility program in 2019
Both young people and French schools have been committed to suggesting new projects since 2014. Going on an internship abroad is part of one of the most enriching experiences for our students, which is why the European Commission increases its budgets every year to promote the international mobility of young Europeans.
In 2019, there was a 22% increase of European funding for the Erasmus+ program compared to 2018. French students are at the top of the list and are the most active regarding international mobilities.
Looking ahead to the 2014-2020 period, the approved funding represents more than €1 billion, nearly 682,000 mobilities and a total of 9,200 projects for France. The agency received a total of 2,466 applications (+4%).
Indeed, according to the 2019 activity report published by Erasmus+, the financial demand for mobilities increased by 13% from 264.8 million euros to 288.6 million euros. Supply increased by 21% and went from 152.4 million euros in 2018 to 184.1 million euros in 2019.
In view of this success, the budget has been increased in order to enable more students to benefit from the program. What are the plans for the 2021-2027 timeframe ?
2021-2027: Erasmus+ within everyone’s reach !
The 2021-2027 program aims at being within everyone’s reach, open to all and more accessible to project leaders. The program’s guideline is committed to an inclusive approach.
- Strengthening the international dimension in higher education with projects in Europe as well as in the rest of the world with the aim of increasing the attractiveness of higher education institutions
- More AMBITIOUS for learners, staff and organizations.
- Implementing projects in Europe but also in the rest of the world
- Promoting the employability of vulnerable groups: a program for social work stakeholders via a campaign on social networks
- Offering quality projects
- Enlisting institutions and companies in the territories
The Erasmus+ agency has therefore invested in order to achieve its objectives, and human resources have been implemented to develop this new program.
- A study for the implementation of new dynamics with the network of Erasmus+ developers.
- Study missions to help with the decisions, to evaluate the mobilities and their impact
- The setting up of technical advisors
- Appointing a digital advisor at the European Commission
Finally, in order to anticipate the transition from the 2014-2020 to the 2021-2027 programs, close inter-agency work will be set up, and co-construction between agencies will be encouraged.
Everything is being done to ensure that our young people can be trained in the best conditions and that mobility projects are carried out. This is why Mobi Trainee supports you in your projects. We are here to help you prepare your future mobility. Do not hesitate to consult our web page https://mobitrainee.com/ .